Monday, October 18, 2004

Just a quick note

I guess I should have opened my blog with a little introduction. My name is Shannon Andrade-McCoy although I generally use Shannon McCoy. As you will see I have no shortage of opinions. Recently, I felt it necessary to respond to my loving, yet hopelessly misguided brother-in-law Nick Schweitzer on his blog (http://schweitn.blogspot.com/) and as you will see we will be jousting (however unfairly to him) via this new medium. Since I assume that readers (mainly Nick) will feel compelled to disagree with me I figured I would get a couple things out of the way now.

  1. The name of this blog comes from the 1975ish Saturday Night Live sketch featuring Dan Akroid and Jane Curtain in a News segment called Point/CounterPoint where after Jane gave here editorial Dan would begin his editorial with "Jane you ignornat slut..." It is not a reference to you dear reader, regardless of your sexual proclivities or promiscuity. If you happen to be and ignorant slut, firstly, these comments are not actually directed at you personally and secondly, if you need a date, please click here as I know he could use one.
  2. I am not a Liberal. I am a Conservative Anarchist.
  3. I am a man and yes, I am aware that in the U.S. Shannon is a "girl's" name. It's not in Ireland and my Grandmother chose it either because she was not aware that we do not live in Ireland or just on a lark or maybe she really wanted a grand daughter.
  4. I am a Veteran. I spent 3 years with my ass in the grass in the U.S. Army as a paratrooper line doggie. I was in the 82nd Airborne as was deployed to Egypt after we bombed Libya and spent a year with the UNCMAC Joint Security Force in Korea.
  5. I had an American Flag on my car before 9-11 when it wasn't "cool" to be patriotic.
  6. I drive an big SUV that has actual mud on it.
  7. I am a SCUBA diving instructor, a rock climber, a snowboarder, a sky diver and an avid wakeboarder.
  8. As a Californian I am convinced that one day there will be a huge earthquake and the rest of the country will slide into the ocean.
  9. I have been on every continent in the world except Australia and Antarctica and have been to every state in the union.
  10. I believe in the Right to Bear Arms and the Right to Arm Bears and even the Right to Bare Arms.
  11. For a living I overcharge people for making their computers and networks work. I believe it is morally wrong to allow a naive end-user to keep their money.
  12. I love my wife more every day even though she insists on talking to me.
  13. I have Rottweilers because I think they are cute and cuddly.
  14. I love my family and my country. I have and will put my life on the line for them.
  15. I love my fellow Veterans and will never forget the sacrifices that they have made, continue to make and will make in the future. Freedom is not free. It is paid for by the blood of patriots.
  16. I do not claim to be an English major. I am aware that my grammar sucks and I use commas at random. So before you respond with corrections of my syntax or grammar, go outside and play a long game of hide and go fuck yourself.
  17. Oh, yeah...almost forgot... I curse. A lot. I am an adult and like to avail myself to of the entire language. I try not to use cursing gratuitously but... well, you can take the man out of the Infantry but you can't take the Infantry out of the man. If you can't handle four letter words I suggest you substitute acceptable words as you read or take the advise of number 16.
  18. Don't pray for me. It just pisses God off. Believe me!
  19. I get my news from every source I can. CNN International, PBS, FOX, MSNBC, ABC, CBS, NBC, BBC, NPR, Pacifica Radio, PRI, Aljazeera, Scientific Amerincan, Discover Mag just about any source except CBN, that stuff is just crap.
I point these things out so that you can get a feel for the kind of person that I am. Most labels do not stick to me but before you disregard my opinions as a regurgitation of someone else's rhetoric read the list again. I form my own opinions from as many sources as I can and actually believe in the power of thought and insight. I am not afraid to be wrong but I am afraid to be silent.
I look forward to working out my mental aggression on the unfortunate souls who stumble on to this blog.
And thanks for taking the time to read this schlock.

2 comments:

Nick said...

You know bro... I'm just reading this now and notices something very baffling...

You live in California. You are a Microsoft junkie. How can you not have ever been to Washington state?

Anonymous said...

I love your blog! I also have a site about stores wakeboarding
. You can check it out at stores wakeboarding
.

Also, as a special bonus for your visitors, i want to tell you about a site that is giving away a FREE Sony DVD Handycam! Just click the link below and enter your Zipcode to see if you qualify.

FREE Sony DVD Handycam